Edan has various product portfolios suitable for the clinical department and laboratory. Tailored to Primary Health Care, Edan has a product mix of portable blood gas and chemistry analyzer, immunoassay analyzer, an entry-level 3-part, 5-part, and special protein analyzer.
Moderate Test Volume Laboratories encounter relatively high test volume and complex sample status. Around 80% of working hours are occupied with sample preparation and sample processing.
Users in moderate test volume laboratories expect free time from the increased workload of sample preparation and processing to sample analysis. They wish to focus more on valuable work like abnormal sample processing than meaningless and mechanized work like sample preparation. Therefore, high automation of routine sample analysis and abnormal sample screening is strongly needed by users.
Edan provides an appropriate product mix to satisfy users’ needs in moderate test volume laboratories.
- H60S, the 5-part hematology analyzer with 60 samples capacity autoloader
- SP-1200, the special protein analyzer with 60 samples capacity autoloader
The H60S can significantly reduce users walkway time and free them from sample analysis due to its automation features:
- 25 reportable parameters and 6 RUO parameters
- Continuous loading with 60 samples capacity
- Automatic rotation and recognition of sample ID
- Excellent abnormal sample flagging
- Reagent management via RFID card
H60S is also extendable to connect with SP-1200, the special protein analyzer. Under the special condition of the COVID-19 pandemic and increasingly research of infectious diseases, CBC tests combined with CRP test are considered important predictive roles. Hence the combination of H60S and SP-1200 are believed to be the essential instruments in moderate test volume laboratory.
While user requirements in small test volume laboratories are expected to be different, small test volume laboratory plays a vital role in primary health care. They bear significant responsibilities on preliminary sample screening.
Hence, reliable performance with simple operation and economic reagent cost is the general requirement for the users.
To fulfill the fundamental needs in small test volume laboratories, Edan has entry-level hematology product solutions.
- H30 Pro, the 3-part hematology analyzer
- H50, the 5-part hematology analyzer
H30 Pro and H50 are robust hematology analyzers integrating a range of advanced features intended for a cost-minded and quality-focused clinical laboratory.
The H30 Pro
- Gives absolute Neutrophil count
- Extends linearity range for WBC and PLT
- Differentiates WBC, RBC, and PLT counts with adaptive threshold
- Manages reagent via RFID card
Besides that, the H50
- Consumes less reagent – at least 50% less consumption on diluent
- Requires minimum maintenance – weekly based
- Designs with ingenious internal structure.
Overall, the enhanced specification of H30 Pro and H50 expand clinical capabilities; The brand new operating system simplifies the working process; The quality hardware components ensure reliable performance, and the improved fluidic system reduces reagent consumption. Thus, the product mix of H30 Pro and H50 can satisfy primary healthcare, especially in mall test volume laboratories.
Point of care testing has been one of the most rapidly growing areas in clinical diagnostics. More and more traditional testing is moving to patient-side testing. This is most evident in high acuity settings, e.g. Emergency rooms, intensive and critical care units, and operating rooms where the patient’s condition changes rapidly and care decisions must be made quickly.
Point of care testing has numerous advantages over traditional lab-based testing, such as:
- Immediacy of test results near the site of patient care to expedite decision making, thus improving patient health outcomes
- Portable equipment that requires minimal or zero maintenance, allowing tests to be carried out in a variety of locations to meet a diversity of medical needs
- Small sample volumes, which means less blood loss and anemia for patients requiring frequent testing (especially for neonatal and pediatric patients)
- Performed with different types of specimens: serum, plasma, or whole blood
- Efficiency: fewer moves by eliminating steps such as transporting samples to a central laboratory, and then processing and communicating results back to the physician
EDAN’s m16 as the world’s first POC magnetic immunoassay analysis system continues to focus on several key areas: expansion of test menu, improvement of product functionality, and cost reduction of consumables.
- Expansion of test menu : in addition to further improving test accuracy and reliability for biomarkers such as hs-c TnI, cTnI, Myo, CK-MB, NT-proBNP, D-dimer, H-FABP, Lp-PLA2, hs-CRP, and PCT. EDAN is developing and introducing to market new tests including tumor markers, hormones, and infectious.
- Zero maintenance: m16 utilizes a single-use disposable cartridge format and has a very unique advantage over traditional analyzers: it is maintenance-free and always ready for patient analysis. Thus it permits analysis in facilities previously not possible - such as community and rural clinics, ambulances, medical helicopters, and medical transport aircraft.
- Network connectivity: wired (LAN) or wireless (WIFI) transmission of information directly into LIS/HIS.
Blood gas analysis technology has always played a very important role in acute respiratory failure diagnosis, surgery, patient monitoring as well as rescue procedures.
With the progress of science and technology and the special demands set by critical patient care, medical professionals have a number of new requirements for improving traditional blood gas analyzers, including rapid and accurate results, minimal maintenance, integration of a variety of tests, portable design, simple operation procedure, etc.
To meet these requirements, Edan’s i15 POCT blood gas and chemistry analyzer has been developed in recent years.
However, ensuring the precision and accuracy of the analyzer while incorporating instrument miniaturization and easy, maintenance-free operation puts higher demands on the whole system-the analyzer itself, the testing procedure, and the reagents. The technical characteristics of the test cassettes are the most important item.
- MLC: Microchip liquid control technology ensures the tightness of the circuit as well as the reaction speed of the liquid flow to improve precision and accuracy while achieving the required miniaturization and maintenance-free operation of the analyzer.
- MMM: Microsensor multi-function membrane technologies are the core technology that enables high sensitivity and increases the variety of tests.
- SAM: The innovative sensor array microfluidics design makes it possible to accurately measure the volume of sample and reagent, thereby improving the precision and accuracy and making point-of-care testing a reality.
- AC: Reliable analyzer autocalibration features a multipoint calibration curve set in the factory and only requires one point checking by the end-user; this helps eliminate errors between different analyzers and tests.
- TR: Adopting internationally accepted traceability of calibrator and quality control allows the analyzer to produce results that are highly comparable to those of the central lab. Critical care needs critical technology innovation of the analyzer, exemplified in the five-in-one testing technology solution that brings in a new era for POCT blood gas analysis.
For more information, please visit:
EDAN IVD Products: http://www.edan.com/product/ivd/
EDAN POCT Products: http://www.edan.com/product/poct/