Accurate counting and differentiation of eosinophils from white blood cells are not as simple as you think. While with the combination of the flow-cell, the super blue LED, and the proprietary reagents, the EDAN H50 provides excellent results on eosinophilia samples.
Excellent performance of the EDAN H50 on Eosinophil samples
Treatments that specifically target eosinophils are likely to be effective in controlling a number of important and prevalent diseases in the fields of allergy, infectious disease, autoimmunity and malignancy. However, accurate counting and differentiation of eosinophil from white blood cells is not as simple as you think.
While with the combinaiton of the flow-cell, the super blue LED, and the proprietary reagents, the EDAN H50 provides excellent results on eosinophilia samples.
"The prevalence of allergic diseases worldwide is rising dramatically in both developed and developing countries. Up to 10% to 40% of the whole population suffer from allergy disease. This increase is especially problematic in children, who are bearing the greatest burden of the rising trend which has occurred over the last two decades."
The World Allergy Organization (WAO) estimates of allergy prevalence of the whole population by country ranges between 10% - 40%.
More than 150 million Europeans suffer from chronic allergic diseases and the current prediction is that by 2025 half of the entire EU population will be affected.
More than 50 million Americans have experienced various types of allergies each year and allergies are the 6th leading cause of chronic ilness in the U.S.
10%- 25% of total population in Africa have one or more allergy diseases. 25% of total population in Albania, 15% of total popula-tion in Algeria, 10% of the adult population and 25% of the childhood population in South Africa, 7 of adult population and 20% of childhood population in Egypt.
15% 30% of total population in Latin America suffer from one or more allergy disease. 20%-30% of childhood population in Brazil, 20% of the total population in Argentina, 15% of the total population in Chile, 30% of adult population and 42% of childhood population in Paraguay.
10%- 30% of total population in Asia and the Middle East suffer from one or more al-lergy disease. 10%-15% of childhood pop-ulation in Malaysia, 30% of adult population and 40% of childhood population in South Korea, 33.7% of childhood population in Sri Lanka, 10% of total population in Thailand. 20%-30% of total population in India, 15%
of the total population in Israel, 20% - 30% of total population in Jordan, 15% of total population in Turkey.
“Allergy is a very common chronic disease. The complexity and severity of allergic diseases, including asthma, continue to increase especially in children and young adults. Those who have allergy diseases should be taken carefully, or may cause major disability, and are costly both to the individual and to their society."
Allergic diseases include life-threatening anaphylaxis, food allergies, certain forms of asthma, rhinitis, conjunctivitis, angioedema, urticarial, eczema,eosinophilic disorders, including eosinophilic esophagitis, and drug and
300 million individuals have asthma worldwide
240 - 550 million people may suffer from food allergy
Affects up to 10% of the world's population and 20% of all hospitalized patients
Affects between 10% and 30% of the population
TARGETING EOSINOPHILS IN ALLERGY, INFLAMMATION AND BEYOND
Eosinophilia, defined as a peripheral blood eosinophil count greater than 450 cells per microliter, is associated with numerous
disorders including allergies, drug reactions, eosinophilic gastrointestinal disorders, and hyper eosinophilic syndrome.
Eosinophil-rich inflammation has long been associated with parasitic infestation and allergic inflammation. A body of
evidence including clinical studies and animal models of asthma has demonstrated a causal role for eosinophils in asthma
pathogenesis including airway hyper-reactivity, elevated mucus production and airway remodeling.
These studies include elegant experiments in eosinophil-lineage-deficient mice that have protection against features of asthma, although not in all cases. Clinical studies have revealed an important role for eosinophils in asthma exacerbations. Recent evidence also supports a broader role for eosinophils in health and disease with their emerging role in malignancy
and in regulating antibody production. In addition, eosinophils can fre-quently be found surrounding solid tumors and can participate in tumor immune surveillance influencing the incidence of tumor formation.Recent studies have proposed a role for eosinophils in humoral immunity as an important source of pro-survival factors for long-lived plasma cells in
the bone marrow. In autoimmune disease in which plasma cells have a pathologic role via autoantibody production, eosinophils may prove to be an attractive therapeutic target. Thus, treatments that specifically target
eosinophils are likely to be effective in controlling a number of important and prevalent diseases in the fields of allergy, infectious disease, autoimmunity and malignancy.
EXCELLENT PERFORMANCE OF THE EDAN H50 ON EOSINOPHILIA SAMPLES
Accurate counting and differentiation of eosinophil from white blood cells is not as simple as you think. While with the combination of the flow-cell, the super blue LED, and the proprietary reagents, the EDAN H50 provides
On World Allergy Day 2020, let's target on eosinophil to help allergic people.
I. Pawankar R, Canonica GW, ST Holgate ST, Lockey RF, Blaiss M: The WAO White Book on Allergy (Update. 2013).
2. CDC, Gateway to Health Communication and Social Marketing Practice. Allergies.
htps://ww .cdc gov/healthcommunicationtoolstemplates/enter-tainmentedltips/Allergies .html (Rerrieved March 14 2018))
3. Fulkerson, P. C, & Rothenberg, M. E. (2013). Targeting eosinophils in allergy,inflammation and beyond. Nature reviews. Drug discovery, 12(2), 117-129.htps://i./ org/10.1038/nrd3838